My least favourite word

Why is that some words, for no apparent reason, just get under my skin? You know the ones I'm talking about. You hear other people using them in everyday conversation, and for no legitimate reason, you just cringe - physically and emotionally. I've encountered a few of these words over the years (which doesn't say much about how I spend my time)... Words like "moist" "soluble" and"spacious". But one of them sticks out.

Panties.

I fucking hate it. Not only is the word bad in and of itself but the fact that it so often used with a sexual connotation just makes it unbearable.

"What colour are your panties?" Brown, because I just shat myself as I heard you say that word.
"Are you wearing any panties?" I was, but I just took them off to strangle you. Do you like the brand new shit-smell you panty-loving motherfucker?

I was teaching in Korea a few years ago and the kids had never been introduced to proper words like underwear, knickers, hell... I'll even take skivvies. They always used the same word to refer to undergarments. Yes. Panties. Living in Korea was bad enough, but having to hear a bunch of fucking kids repeat panties over and over? Man... It's no surprise I killed a woman and left her body in a Kimchi vat on the side of the highway.

So please... Don't tell me about Panties.

It really pisses me off.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote for the book title "Moist Soluble Spacious Panties". You'll never read it.

Post a Comment