Yahoo news mashup

I have been told by the powers that be that I have to take lunch breaks at work. Apparently, I cannot "concentrate" as well in the afternoon if I don't leave my office to listen to the inane chatter in the cafeteria (I'm sorry, I don't care about your ex-husband the asshole or how wonderful Celine Dion's hair looks) or to see the strung out rent boys and squeegee punks down the street. The fact that I have to watch 6 episodes of I Dream of Jinny in a row has nothing to do with my mid-afternoon intellectual meltdown, as far as they're concerned.
I have therefore decided to amuse myself. Here's what we do. Go to Yahoo and take one or two words from each news headline to make up new and improved stories.

So... Today's Yahoo headlines:

Man arrested as Hurricane Earl pelts Guns N' Roses Psychiatrist.
Hair Police yukking it up with adult-film star.
Grieving man drives wrong way on highway over dead cat.

Actually, that last one was the actual headline. I thought it was perfect just the way it was.

Stay golden, pony children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment